5 use cases for the glTF file format
- The glTF (GL Transmission Format) file format is commonly used for 3D model data in applications such as augmented and virtual reality.
- It can be used to share 3D models between different 3D modeling software programs and engines.
- It can be used for 3D printing, allowing users to print high-quality 3D models directly from glTF files.
- It can be used for real-time rendering of 3D graphics in applications such as video games and online 3D visualization tools.
- It can be used for 3D visualization and analysis in fields such as architecture, engineering, and construction.
How to export Autodesk Revit 3D models to glTF file format?
DiRoots developed a Revit plugin to export your Autodesk Revit models to the glTF file format with just a few clicks.
Main features of DiRoots glTF Exporter for Revit
- quickly export the ‘Active View’ or the ‘Current Selection’
- export by category
- export specific Revit families
Advanced features of DiRoots glTF Exporter for Revit
- Group geometry by ‘Elements’ or ‘Materials’
- Compress the glTF files using ‘Draco Compression’ or ‘Standard Compression’
- Export to glTF or GLB
- Export 2D Elements
- Export Normals with different precision levels (low, medium, high)
- Set up a default export location