New Opportunity | Global Digital Construction Manager
Global Digital Construction Manager
DiRoots is assisting one of our clients (a large international manufacturer of building materials) to fulfil a key position – Global Digital Construction Manager.
This role is for a large international building materials company, with headquarters in Belgium, which provides customers with aesthetically and technically superior building materials. With no fewer than 107 factories across 42 countries is a global company.
BIM and Digitalization are fundamentally transforming the construction industry. The dynamics of business relationships, revised manufacturing techniques, and design and delivery of buildings are all changing how buildings are built.
They are looking for an ambitious leader with the right mix of technical BIM and business experience to set-up a new function and provide clear strategic direction on BIM to generate business value. Supported by a small technical delivery team, reporting into the Group Head of Digital and part of the wider Digital Community, you will help to shape the future direction.
This new role has a simple objective: make BIM an advantage for the company.
The candidate will have a thorough understanding of BIM technicalities, together with lived experience of practical delivery. If you’re a visionary, capable of inspiring the organization this may be the perfect opportunity for you. They will be able to demonstrate intellectual agility, and the capability to maneuver the organization through this evolving complex arena. Fundamentally important, will be the ability to get things done and demonstrate business value.
The market is primed and ready for disruption, will you lead this change?
With C-level backing, this is a rare opportunity to really make a significant difference to a company that is genuinely excited about the opportunities for Digital to transform the business.
Reporting to Head of Digital Strategy
Roles and Responsibilities
Main purpose of the job:
This post sits within the Strategy Function to growth and development.
The main purpose of this job is to generate business value from BIM. This will include leading a team to create, manage and maintain BIM objects, investigating and supporting potential strategic partnerships or investments and supporting the overall strategic approach to BIM across businesses.
Success will be achieved by generating demonstrable business impact, opening-up new ways of working and new business opportunities.
On a practical level, this role will need to work closely with local businesses, to support them and ensure that they are able to both participate and succeed in BIM in their region.
This role will report into the Group Head of Digital and will work closely with the IT team.
Main duties and accountabilities:
• Set a framework into how gain value from BIM, increase the intelligence of the data, and ultimately increase profit.
• Co-create the business unit(s) strategic direction and development of BIM.
• Define, build and lead a collaborative, international BIM team.
• Engage Technical Managers and BIM advocates to form a business wide BIM community.
• Work with the IT Data team to develop Master Data Management processes.
• Be responsible for driving cultural change within the business to embrace new technologies and processes.
• Ensure the business has the appropriate BIM champions to support implementation, sharing best practice and lead workshop sessions.
• Drive the implementation of BIM.
Required Experience and Languages
• At least five years’ experience in BIM and have ideally worked for a contractor, developer or a consultancy.
• Extensive knowledge and experience leading and implementing BIM
• Fluent in English is a must, working knowledge of French, German and Spanish is an asset, fluency in any other languages is a plus
• Previous experience in establishing BIM standards, templates and families would be an asset
• Previous experience of developing BIM marketing information and in 4D & 5D would be an asset
• Ability to develop and deliver communications that convey a clear understanding of the benefits of BIM to a technical and non-technical, internal and external audience.
• Capacity to develop training material and to teach and support usage of BIM products and processes
Building Productive relationships
• Ability to coordinate teams and resources to deliver complex projects successfully.
Execution and results-driven
• Knowing the most effective and efficient processes for getting things done
• Ability to be methodical with outstanding attention to detail, with pragmatism and tenacity
• Adapts approach and behavior to shifting demands of different situations
As a member of an international team , the role will require up to 50% travel , mainly in Europe, with an office based in the UK (Bristol) or in Belgium (Brussels)
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
| Stay Tuned |
or fell free to share with your network